CPC Strategy blog investigates a question concerning clicks in online advertising industry. At present they have researched over 4 million clicks, which revenue is valued at approximately $8 million. Thanks to this estimation, it was found out the 5 best shopping engines. The process of comparing was based on such metrics as revenue, traffic, conversion rate, average cost-per-click (CPC), return on spend, quality of merchant tools, and merchant response ratings.
The 5 best shopping engines are the following:
- Google Product Search or Google Shopping is a free shopping engine which traffic monetization is the most obvious. However, it is known that the engine is going to become paid by October 2012.
- Nextag is the second shopping site allowing searching products, tickets, real estate, finding sales and even booking travel plans. At present, this CPC pricing model is considered the best paid shopping engine on the web.
- Pricegrabber, being a paid CPC shopping engine, provides users with products price and reviews, thus helps them to compare items before making a purchase.
- Shopping.com allows to compare price and merchant features. With this aggregate a consumer can make quick and considered purchase being fully informed about the product he or she needs.
- Amazon Product Ads is another CPC pricing model that offers merchants to connect customers to their websites via links externally. Retailers really benefit from this option, especially if they do not like to list on Amazin Marketplace or so on.